To celebrate over 100 years of the Jungfrau Railway’s engineering prowess and breathtaking views, we’re proud to offer the Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe. It gives you a choice of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel on the entire Jungfrau Railway. Plus enjoy a journey to the Jungfraujoch, Europe’s highest-altitude railway station, which is 11,332 feet above sea level. Everywhere you’ll look, you’ll be surrounded by majestic views. It’s a great time to visit. Because while the railway may be celebrating 100 years, the scenery has been preparing for your arrival for a few millenniums.
Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
- Note that a Low, Mid and High season pricing applies. Click on the terms & conditions link below to check the applicable dates.
A timeless memory : Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe
Here’s what’s included :
- A choice of a voucher valid for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 consecutive days of travel.
- Free travel on the Jungfrau Railways network which includes travel between Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald - Kleine Scheidegg or Lauterbrunnen.
- Excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch Top of Europe.
- Rail Europe voucher is exchanged for your Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe.
- Discounted rates are only available with a Swiss Half Fare Card.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note : these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- The excursion from Eigergletscher to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe may only be used once only in conjunction with your Jungfrau Travel pass and the Rail Europe voucher must be exchanged at the same time as your Jungfrau Travel Pass voucher. Seat reservations recommended for travel between May - October and can be made at any Jungfraujoch Station.
- The Jungfrau Travel Pass - Top of Europe is valid for travel from May 5th to October 21st, 2018.
- Tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Vouchers are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. How far in advance can I buy my rail pass ?
A. A rail pass can be purchased anywhere from 6 to 11 months prior to your first travel day. We advise you to check the specific conditions of use for the pass you are interested in.
Q. Can I exchange or refund my rail pass while in Europe ?
A. Unused and unvalidated rail passes can be exchanged for an alternate rail pass of equal or greater value. A 7% administration fee, any price difference, and additional shipping fees would apply. Some promotional rail passes are non-exchangeable ; please read the terms and conditions for these passes for more details. Exchanges and refunds for rail passes cannot be performed locally at the train station.
Please send us a message through the Contact Us page to begin the exchange process. To exchange a rail pass, we must receive your original unused and unvalidated rail pass no later than 3 days prior to your departure to Europe, issue a new rail pass, and ship it to you.
If you bought the Rail Protection Plan™ when you placed your rail pass order, you are eligible to receive the full value of your original pass as a credit and use it towards any future Rail Europe purchase within 2 years, with no fee or penalty incurred.
Q. Are there smoking and non smoking sections on trains ?
A. Smoking is not permitted on any trains in Great Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg), France, Hungary, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, or Poland.
Smoking is restricted on trains in Finland and the Czech Republic.
Smoking is also prohibited in lavatories and dining cars. And you must observe special regulations at stations where you usually find dedicated smoking areas or rooms.
Q. What do I do if no one comes to check my train ticket or rail pass ?
A. It’s best to keep your travel documents (train ticket, rail pass, and/or reservation) out and ready to be checked by a conductor. If for any reason a conductor does not come by to check your train ticket or rail pass during your entire journey, no worries. Simply get off the train at your destination station and continue with your travel plans.
Please keep in mind that you will need a valid rail pass or train ticket to travel on board trains in Europe. If your pass or ticket were not looked at, it is an unusual occurrence.
Q. Why does my train ticket say “coach” if I bought a ticket in the First class or Premier Category ?
A. Don’t worry – the word “coach” on the ticket is another word for train car. It doesn’t mean you’ll be traveling in “coach” class.
Q. Are there shower facilities on board ?
A. Onboard shower facilities vary by car equipment, operating carrier, and the class of service you’re booked in. You can view the details when you search for the train you wish to travel on.
In addition, there may be shower facilities at the rail stations. Typically, you will need to pay a fee to use these showers.
Q. Are the train tickets you send me the actual tickets, or do I need to exchange them at the station ?
A. If you selected the paper delivery option, then yes – the travel documents you receive from us in the mail are your actual train tickets. Do not lose them, because we cannot replace them.
Only the original paper ticket will be accepted onboard the train. No other document such as a print out of the email invoice can be used in lieu of the original paper train ticket.
Q. Do you offer maps of European train stations ?
A. We do offer links to Google Maps for many European train stations. At this time we do not have specific layouts of any train station interiors in Europe.
Q. Where can I see the exchange and refund conditions of my train ticket ?
A. When browsing fares on our website, you can read a brief description of each fare flexibility level, and then see the full exchange and refund conditions for each fare.
Once you have booked a train ticket with us, its exchange and refund rules will be indicated in your Rail Europe booking confirmation email, as well as printed with your train ticket and/or on the ticket jacket in the case of paper tickets. Please note that train tickets must be received for exchange or refund within the allowed time frame mentioned in the exchange and refund conditions.
Q. How can I check to see if food is served on a particular train ?
A. When you search for a train schedule, the results page will give you the opportunity to click and view the onboard services for each class of service offered.